This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Sedona Blues

Sedona Blues - Sedona AZ is a place where your will find the sky to be a perfect blend of cobalt & cerulean blues - better know as “A Sedona Sky”

12 x 18 on heavy linen paper - Chroma Interactive acrylics - alla prima - wet into wet with spontaneity and love for the southwest landscape.

As mentioned in previous posts, I am not a detail painter - if I wanted all the detail and every nitty gritty of a scene - I’d become a photographer.  I am a firm believer in “less is more”  I think a painter has to edit the scene as well as reconfigure and recreate the scene as he sees it - to what he wants it to be.  I try to depict movement in my landscapes as well as emotion - emotion being the biggest factor.  I do this with the manner in which I apply my paint and in the directional “swoops” of my brush or palette knife.

Walt Gonske is one of the artists I admire - he lives in Taos NM and paints all over the countryside.  Following is a quote from Walt.

"Painting is not about reproducing nature. I like the notion that art should have more to do with the communication of the artist’s emotions to the viewer through the paint itself."
~Walt Gonske






DETAIL





Hope you enjoyed this

JR        :>)