This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, March 23, 2011

2 Guilty - 2 Innocent - 1 Undecided

After being on vacation for a little over a month, and no painting during that time, I have made it back to my easel AT LAST!!.  This is a warm up painting to get back into the swing (arm swing) of painting with spontaneous motions and color.
12 x 24 Chroma Interactive Acrylics on heavy linen canvas paper wet into wet - alla prima - with large brush and palette knife.
My wife was selected for jury duty and that brought about the title of this piece.

The sketch is done very quickly in pencil with just an approximation of the shapes:


I then quickly with a brush apply a dark color to eliminate the white effect of the line  surface:



The next step is to apply paint with a large brush as a "road map" for how I see the color process developing - this is but an under-painting:



I let this dry overnight and finish the painting with a palette knife blending the color wet into wet.

When this step is completed, I paint in the background, foreground and do any touchups necessary.



PALETTE KNIFE DETAIL:


FINI