This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Sunday, March 20, 2011

BRAIDED TAIL

As some of you may know, I have a great respect, admiration and affection for the Native American people and their culture.  My grandmother told me many, many years ago that I was part Native American.   As we all are aware, grandmothers DO NOT lie!!  Whether she was lying or not, I've always felt an inexplicable connection to Native American culture. I have always thought of myself as part Native American and living in the southwest gives me a great opportunity to visit many pueblos and experience first hand the culture of these people.  Native Americans are very talented in many facets of creating art - pottery being one of my favorite forms.  I am fortunate to have collected many pots from local Pueblos here in New Mexico.

I've had a pony tail for 5 years or so and recently, at the suggestion of my wife, started wearing it braided.

People ask why I have a tail and I jokingly tell them because it saves me $30+ dollars per month on haircuts!  Truthfully I like it - it's comfortable and I get a sense of being closer to my roots - thank you Grandma!!