This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Friday, January 16, 2015

Too much chocolate

This is a palette knife painting done in a style somewhat like that of Leroy Neiman. I woke up this morning with the "jitters" like a 10 year old high on an overdose of chocolate - I now feel much better.

18 x 24 on heavy linen paper - Chroma Interactive acrylics - alla prima - done very quickly with palette knife and lots of paint for a very chunky look. Spontaneity was the operative word and color was what I felt at the moment of application - no predetermined plan - path or outcome.   

VERY LIBERATING!!!!


Regatta No. I
18 x 24








Every once in a while one needs to go outside the BOX and be a little bit "wild and crazy".

I hope you enjoyed this post as I had a BLAST doing the painting.

JR    :>)