This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, May 14, 2011

1 LITTLE - 2 -LITTLE - 3 LITTLE ..... No. II

24 x 18 on heavy linen canvas paper. Apple shapes were first painted in very expressively with A GENEROUS SUPPLY of Impasto Gel and then the various colors were added wet into wet very quickly with a large brush. At times the paint was also induced with Impasto Gel. The resulting effect in sections of the painting is the "opel shine" that I've spoken about. Once again painted with emotion, expression, gusto, rusticity (still love that word) and a sense of motion and movement. I feel the "opel shine" contributes to the sense of motion and eliminates the "static" look of a still life - thus it gives it life in the expressive sense.

The Impasto Gel gives texture to the surface.  I throw in some color to develop a road map of where I'm going with this piece.


Throw in some greens and some darker reds for shadows




Painting fruit is fun as the indentation where the stem protrudes is sometimes a challenge to develop the depth on what of course is a flat surface





Can't forget the stem shadows either!


Well that was fun!  Now all three stems are done!!



FINI