This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Tuesday, May 17, 2011

1 - LITTLE 2 - LITTLE 3 - LITTLE.... No. IV

# IV in the series. Heavy linen canvas paper 16 x 20 - done wet into wet alla prima with Palette Knife using Chroma Interactive Acrylics. This piece is very much about EXPRESSING and nothing about RENDERING. It was painted with lots of emotion, expression, vigor, gusto and yes Rusticity - still loving that word!!!  :>)

Completed in a loose style of spontaneity in color and form.

First I swoosh some color onto the surface - that sure did get rid of the glow from the white of the surface!!!  Works everytime!


Next I start playing with various shades of green - I've got to do this quickly and gingerly as some of this paint is 1/8 inch thick and it is very wet- I love using a palette knife - it's kind of like playing in the MUD!!




Another reason to work gingerly is not to mix the paints on the surface, as it can cause some pretty ugly results.  I'm not try to mix the various colors, as I want each individual color to show.  Some times I put different shades of color on each side of the palette knife blade - which gives me a marble-lized look.  Ya I know I'm crazy- BUT IT WORKS - LOOK AND SEE!!  How many shades of green can you see?
No prize will be rewarded for a correct answer!



Again I'll skip all the Blah-Blah-Blah and the next series of photos are the tweaking and retweaking, stem creation and foreground creation and cursing until we are done.  Well not really WE ----- but me, as I painted this------not you :>)



Once again, the little indentation where the stem lives (a little Bob Ross talk) is fun to create the illusion of DEPTH on a flat surface - pretty tricky if I must say so myself! 
Do any of you readers know how it is done?  Wellllll I'm not going to tell as it is my secret!!!  :>) 





BY JOVE I THINK I'VE GOT IT!!! :>)