This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, May 11, 2011

RV

Well, nothing to report on the sale of the house yet - things seem to have slowed down a bit although we do have a showing today (5/11) at 11 am.
Our house is not a big house but it has a very nice layout and unobstructed mountain views and it is a corner lot.  We have about 1700 sq ft - 2 baths - 3 bedrooms.  I am amazed at how many people come to look at the house and say "Oh I need more space than that!"  One would think that between a broker and a customer that issue would have been resolved before coming out and wasting our time and their time!  They must be moving from something that has X amount of sq ft and to relate that to 1700 sq ft does not seem to be rocket science - at least to me.  Our house is best suited we think to an older couple about to retire and truely want to DOWNSIZE!!!  To some it seems as tho DOWNSIZE means going from 3,000 sq ft to 2,800 sq ft. :>) 

This delay in selling has provided good opportunity for us to do more research on RV's - RV related products, and of course solar!  Ahhhhhhhh solar - a word politicians & oil theives hate to hear - yet it could benefit this county sooooo much!  Some Rv'ers even have WIND POWER!!!!  Lots of RV-ers have solar panels attached to their RV roofs and many supply all of their electrical needs thru these panels.  I follow several RV Blogs and was shocked at the number of full time RV'ers who do not stay at any type of campground or RV park that has full hookups (electrical, water, sewer)  They do what is called boondocking - they stay for weeks at a time in semi-isolated areas - wooded with streams and NATURE.  I tip my hat to them as we feel we like a nice RV park with full hook ups, a swimming pool , rec hall, laundry facilities and exercise room.  (Yes we are both princesses!) We are not going to go camping! We will find nice RV parks at a moderate nightly, weekly, monthly price and most likely stay 2 - 3 weeks at each destination.  Our intent is to also do some P/T work or volunteering at various locations and for this one either receives hourly pay or free/reduced RV park nightly fees.  Our goal would be to work no more than 2 days a week.  After all we are retired!!!!

Well, I've got more research to do and then perhaps throw some paint around.