This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, May 9, 2011

1 LITTLE - 2 LITTLE - 3 LITTLE

Beginning of a new series of 3 objects. 18 x 24 on heavy linen canvas paper. Painted with Impasto Gel infused Chroma Interactive Acrylics. Painted with big brush wet into wet loaded with juicy paint and done with emotion, expression, gusto, rusticity ( I love that word ) and sweeping arm movement with little regard for some of the "old rules" of composition. A tad of semi-abstract was thrown into the FG for visual pleasure, reflections and movement (still life paintings can be very static - I like movement in my pieces).  1 o'clock- 2 o'clock- 3 o'clock ROCK - You get the idea!

An undercoating of color to eliminate some of the glare from the white paper. Also to generate the beginning of a visual road map - Still can't find my sunglasses :>)


Throw in some color very quickly - develop the forms, the background, foreground and throw in some tweaks here and there - here a tweak - there a tweak - FINI








FINI