This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, May 7, 2011

CRAZY SUNFLOWERS

Hi,

Been having some crappy days with the sale of our house.  Our Broker is a marketing genius - a true professional and a very hard working person.  I've got to shake my head at some of the other brokers who come to our house to show the property to potential buyers.  I just don't know where some of them got their training - perhaps at McDonalds.  We had one offer which was just a pure out and out INSULT----- so we hope these people will go back to NH and leave us alone!

This has brought about a FUNK in my spirits which carries over into my painting and it also causes me to eat lots of ice cream - like in LOTS & LOTS!!!

24 x 18 on heavy linen paper done very, very quickly with bold sweeping strokes of color with the brush fully (over loaded) with thick juicy acrylic paint and some Impasto Gel thrown in for good measure! Emotion & expression, without regard for form or pre-placement. Semi-abstract representation of flowers in a pot ---- pure, raw, simple and alive - and of course some rusticity thrown in (I love that word!)