This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Friday, May 13, 2011

SOUTHWEST POST

18 x 24 Heavy linen canvas paper. Chroma Interactive Acrylics with some Impasto Gel applied in specific areas before applying any paint. This was not done for texture but for shine. This gives a luminosity (opel shine) to the paint once it is applied - this was done on the small front pot as well as the necks of the other 2 pots. I find it works especially well with reds-oranges- UM blue.

These pots are part of my collection of SW pots from Arizona and Native American pots from NM Pueblos.

Painted with emotion, expression, gusto and rusticity ( my how I love that word ) of form and color.


I'm right handed so I always work left to right so my hand does not get messed up with wet paint!  Trust me as this happened to me at least 3 times - DUH!!!

Openings in pots are fun to do in that trying to get visual depth is always a challenge.



The front of the little pots has that (Opel shine) I was talking about - pretty cool HUH?







The necks of the other two pots have been opel-lized as well.  This is an experiment I'm trying, as I think it gives objects more interest to have sections of them shine and stand out - like they are saying "Hey look over here at me!"
As well, it prevents a still life from being "static"

FINI