This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, May 16, 2011

1 LITTLE - 2 LITTLE - 3 LITTLE ........ No. III

16 x 20 on heavy linen paper - Chroma Interactive Acrylics - painted wet into wet with big brush - alla prima -with emotion - expression, gusto, and of course RUSTICITY with freedom of strokes in a flowing expressionistic style. Impasto Gel was used not to create texture as this is a "smooth" surface piece - it was used to create passages of "shine" within sections of the piece - the "opel shine" I've made mention of in past pieces.



I now add some color so I'm not blinded by the white surface - although this color is starting to make me sick to my stomach!!!  I've got to find those sunglasses!!  The actual color is a very soft reddish yellow however digital cameras do not always see well and then Picasa has it own version of what it sees!!


The next sequence of photos show the various colors I add as well as the development of the shadow side, the little bruise (worm hole) indentation, the stems and general over all tweaking as I go along my merry way.  I always get hungry when I paint fruit so after I'm done, 2/3 rd's of these will become lunch!!!  I've always said a painter who paints still life with fruit as the subject will never be a starving artist.  Although I believe this--- it just AIN'T TRUE!!!!  I'll spare you all the Blah-Blah-Blah and just show the pictorial progression until the last photo of the finished piece upon which you will see a sign of FINI










FINI
(TA DAaaaaa)  :>)