This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, September 7, 2011

MORE CHIAROSCURO STYLE - WIP

Good Morning Blog Buddies,

Well, the HVAC guy is coming this morning to shut down and winterize the 2-evaporating coolers on the roof which was asked for by the home inspector on behalf of the PB's

I have a very good artist friend in Council Bluffs Iowa.  We have never met in person - only thru the Internet and the wonders of email.  We used to exhibit on the same website - but I stopped - yet we became very good cyber friends.  He is a very detailed painter which of course is the complete opposite of me.  He says our totally opposite approach to creating art is why we get along so well.  We talk almost every day and exchange paintings ideas as well as some critiques of each others work.

WELL - he had not commented at all on my last two CHIAROSCURO STYLE pieces which knowing him - lead me to believe that they were not his cup of tea.  So I mentioned to him that his lack of critique lead me to believe his dis-interest was in fact intentional - "friends can do this!!!!"

He quickly responded that he liked the shape - form - texture but they were missing my normal bright-bold-sassy color which is a part of my style he enjoys.  He was right and these were intended to be very quiet paintings - sort of in a semi "Old World" style which is most often used with CHIAROSCURO styling.

Sooooooo I decide to answer is call to color-color-color and started this WIP this morning while waiting for the HVAC Tech.

8x10 on canvas panel - done with my stubby friend Ben Big Brush.  This is just the beginning and shall be finished perhaps later today or tomorrow.  SOON I will have to put my plein air Team MEMBERS away with the rest of the packed "stuff" as I have trouble staying away from my friends so once put away - out of sight - out of mind.  This will allow me to do what I need to do PACK-PACK-PACK!!!!1

This will be quick, so I will explain the photos up front and you can then see the progression to which I have addressed:  (Pretty fancy talk huh!)

First I painted a BG of blendings of black and 3 shades of blue.
Next I sketch in 3 orange shapes with a round brush
Next I throw on color to develop the road map and approx. shapes
Next I develop color in the form of light and shadows - light coming from the left
Gradually I develop some texture putting Ben Big Brush through his paces.

OK - now seeing is believing!


I must say that the beginning of this painting as depicted above is really CRAPPY looking - but have faith - has JR ever let you down??  HEY - you in the back - that reply was uncalled for!!

OK now all the development BLAH-BLAH I spoke to above.







This is where it stands - with more work to be done - but I better get some more packing done B4 MY DW comes home and kicks my butt to the curb - and RIGHTFULLY SO!!!!

LATER MY FRIENDS :>)   JR