This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, September 1, 2011

NANA'S TEA POT

Hi Blog Buddies,

Well, today is a quiet day - after the shock of the water heater repair bill!!!! :>(

I played around for a little while today with a painting - I feel kind of lazy today so this is a WIP which will be continued another day.

I mention before that I watch the re-runs (on PBS) of a painting show in which Helen Van Wyk (deceased) taught various techniques during a 1/2 hour show.  She used oil paint most of the time but the techniques can be applied to acrylic as well.  She liked to put a few guide lines onto the canvas and then with a small brush she drew in the component(s) of her scene.  I've been trying to do that and not only can it develop additional skills but it is also a lot of fun.
This 8x10 canvas panel and the background black was put in very quickly with a palette knife.  After drying. I put in the outline of a tea pot and then proceeded to apply color with a small stubby (AKA stiffy) brush in a technique similar to a palette knife.

Following are some progression photos:


I throw down some color quickly with short quick strokes of "little stubby" for the sole purpose of developing a "road map" as well as visible staccato type brush strokes



Detail to better show the palette knife application produce by "little stubby."



As I say a WIP to be completed perhaps tomorrow - although we plan on going up to the top of the mountain (if a nice day) to have morning mocha a treat and read a book - enjoy nature and have a nice picnic lunch.  So perhaps Saturday will be a painting day.

Later my friends.  JR ---  :>)