This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, September 12, 2011

ONE WEEK CLOSER

Good Morning Blog Buddies,

Well today is Monday and this starts another week bringing us one more week closer to finalizing the sale of our home.  We are told the buyer is suppose to close on the sale of their house on or around 9/24 and they would like to close on the sale of our house on or around 9/28.  Sooooooooo in about 18-20 days we hope to hear the fat lady sing - LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!!!!!!!!!  Exciting times.

My DW will be releasing her middle grade novel on or about October 1.  Again very, very exciting times!!!!  I'll give you guys all the details as to where you can read about it and perhaps put in an order for 1 or 2 just in time for Christmas gifts for your kids or grand kids or that orphanage across town :>).

With all my painting supplies packed away - Argggggggggg - I will be doing last minute packing and touch ups here and there for the (new-soon-to-be-owners) you know, clean this - clean that - dust off the shelves in the tops of the closets etc etc.

The 2-car garage is pretty full with boxes of stuff all packed.  Thanks goodness we have a little tiny Mini Cooper as a regular sized car would not fit in!!!

I did something this weekend that was just a tad sad but yet very liberating!!!!  With the economy being what it is and has been for quite a while now and will continue to be for ????????? , paintings are the last thing that people will spend money on.  I had about 2 years worth of paintings boxed up in the garage - about 21 boxes some with 2 paintings and others with 3 - 4 paintings.  I pulled out the framed ones and will try to sell the frames - however the remaining almost 80 pieces will be destroyed.  Ya I know --------------------------

WHAT????????
ARE YOU CRAZY - HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND MAN!!!!!!

As an artist, I am evolving everyday both in the quality of work I create and to some degree the style of that work.  HEY  - YOU IN THE BACK ROW - THAT COMMENT WAS UN-CALLED FOR AND NOT TRUE - GEEEZZZZZ!!!
 To recreate some of these pieces is something that can be done perhaps in a higher quality presentation and perhaps in a newer style. 
To store these paintings for 2-3 years or more is both costly and insane IMHO and we all know I'm a tad insane so I should recognize insane!!!!!!
 
Some of them are a couple of years old as they represent my efforts of the past 4 years (the other 100 SOLD :>)  So - I still have a nice inventory of paintings some of which I will be donating to various charities and some of which I will be giving to some friends.  Creating is all in a days work as they say and although 71 years of age I plan on spending many-many more days and years creating!  As my DW Melissa says "You BETTER or I'll kill ya!!!"  Now who can refuse a invitation like that!!! :>)

We have a "BULK" pickup once a month in our little community and that will be this Friday at which time all these 80 paintings and other "STUFF" will be carted away to the landfill.  DON'T CRY!!!!!  It's not that big a deal as I had tons of fun creating these and I learned a lot about my craft and about myself - that is very important.  You can't do that with a 9-5 job!!!!

Sooooooo off to do some minor "MOVING CHORES" -  we move most of our belongings into a storage "BUNKER" this weekend, just keeping enough to get by on til the end of September.  I just noticed the tops of the ceiling fan blades need to be dusted - I'm a very good housekeeper!!!

Later my friends,

JR  :>)