This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, September 5, 2011

NANA'S COFFEE SERVER

Good Morning Blog Buddies,

Got an early start today and got the house cleaned.  The carpenter was suppose to come at 8am to fix the couple of things on the home inspectors list.  However he did not show up so I called him and he says - "I come tomorrow morning" - not off to a good start!!!!!

Sooooooooooo I put a smile on and packed up 5 more moving boxes full of "STUFF!"  In a way we are in between a hard place and a rock in that------- our PB is closing on their house in Washington state around the 23-24 of September and want to close on our house a few days after!!!!!  Sooooooo we need to pack NOW as we could not be out of our home in such a short time as a few days.  We also had to know where we would live after moving out - so we had to rent a small apartment for 6 months while we wait to start our RV adventure.  We also need a place to store ALL OF OUR STUFF and MOST OF OUR FURNITURE as the apartment we rented is very small and we really won't need much for a 6 month stay - it's like a VISIT!!!

Soooooooooo we need to rent a storage unit and get the stuff moved into it SOON!!!!
NOW if the PB backs out for some reason - we are knee deep in crap and expense!!!
After packing stuff, I decided to throw some paint at my easel in a very quick manner and in the CHIAROSCURO style I started playing around with the other day.

NANA'S COFFEE SERVER
14 X 11 ON CANVAS PANEL

I first covered the canvas with black paint and gave it a blast with a hair dryer to get it to dry quicker.  I use to do this all the time when I worked in water color but not so much with acrylics.  After it was semi-dry, I drew in the shape of the coffee server.



I then fill in the object to give it some body and also lay out my "road map" for this piece - just to give me a sense of where I'm going with it.  I used my stubby big brush (BEN) for most of this painting and an occasional swipe with the little stubby (LITTLE SAM.)


The rest of this will develop rather quickly as my BIG BEN BRUSH is much like a palette knife - a lot gets done in a short time!!
The rest of the progression will be more loose detail and development of color - light - shadow and form.









OK HANG ON ------- I THINK WE ARE FINISHED!
I THINK MY NANA WOULD BE PROUD!!!



DETAIL





OK - I've got to run now and do some more packing - every box is one box closer to moving!
I am happy to say that all of my Plein Air team members behaved and worked as I expected them to do.  ED (the easel) shook a couple of times and advised me that I was putting the paint on with just a tad TOO MUCH EXPRESSION & EMOTION!!!!!
(BIG SISSY!!!) 

Later my friends----  :>)