This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Sunday, June 12, 2011

BROKEN SPIRITS:

All you hear today is bad news. The TV reporters love to spew out and over react to the news of the day. TV reporters LOVE to yap about over inflated - over emphasized happenings. They can take a simple story line like the market is down 10 points today and turn it into a story about the end of the FRIGGIN WORLD is but days away and if you do not own a gun or some poison then you should find a roof to jump off!! They play on the emotions of the public - with no regard for the public. They are grand standers with TV and millions of viewers at their disposal.
They really take joy in making news BAD!!! The latest overplayed news about the Real Estate market and how the BAD conditions have even worsened has succeeded in scaring the public once again and YES home sales have fallen again (after rebounding)! People need to stop watching TV - it's like misery loves company and the News Anchors really want the public to retreat so THEY can report MORE BAD NEWS!!! It's a Catch 21 and IMHO News Anchors SUCK and are harmful to the American Public.
Now - that said - it amazes me how many "OLDER" folks are out there (or at least were) out there looking for homes. They seem to belong to a category of people who have sold the CRYPT that they have been living in since Jesus was a baby and of course owned it outright and walked away with some money. They think they want to "down-size" which of course merely means that they would move from 3,500 sq. ft. into perhaps 3,300 sq. ft Why some of these "OLDER" people are even looking for a home to buy is beyond me. With all due respect - I've seen some of them and the "OLD FOLKS HOME" is not that far away!  They should be looking to RENT!! They seem to come from the "OLD STOCK" who believes you are not a success unless you own property!! A theory highly over-rated IMHO.
There are a goodly number of these "OLDER" people who think "MONEY TALKS!" They have a pocket full of cash and LISTEN-UP - they will tell YOU what your house is worth - after all IT'S CASH. For some reason they think because they have cash the seller should give his house away! They want some luxury - dont' be mistaken about that - but have no intention of paying for it - it should be FREE - after all they are "OLDER" and they have CASH!" I refer to these people as Real Estate Challenged - AKA STUPID!!  I want to be 6'8", have an NBA career and my own TV talk show - HOWEVER --- THAT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN EITHER!!!


My spirits have been broken and I sometimes fear we have been living in a fantasy world - a dream of selling our home, buying an RV and hitting the road to enjoy our live - which for me with continued good health may be another 20 years. Of course I'm sure I'll do "my time" sitting in a chair in a hallway not knowing who I am or who you are and drooling down my new plaid shirt somebody gave me for my 90th birthday.
 
We WILL at some point end up getting our RV - we WILL get out there to see the USA, Canada, Mexico and we WILL enjoy the last years of my retirement!  My wife is 15 years younger than me so she has a while longer than I - although she does not seem thrilled about this - meaning that she does not relish the idea of spending her older age years alone - or at least that's what she tells me! :-> This is when our age difference starts to come into mind - whereas up to this point it was never even recognized or thought about.
Broken spirits Will not prevent us from attaining our dream - we are committed. It does however for me mean that if the house takes a year or two to sell FINE! ( IF MY BROKER READS THIS - HE WILL SAY - OH CRAP!!!!)  We can wait. It also means for me that I can't be thinking about the house or the RV as it is wearing me down and thus we have the cause of the broken spirits!
There are folks out there who say "put yourself out there - speak to the Universe and let them know what you want - don't be bashful - don't be afraid of asking for too much." I've done this for longer than I would like to think or admit and I firmly believe that the Universe has people they answer, people they ignore and people they enjoy showering with roadblocks, disappointment, and discouragement. WELL bring it on DUDES - WE WILL GET TO LIVE OUR DREAM!!!

Sooooooo MUCH LESS House and RV jibber/jabber on my blog as I am going to put these two issues out of my mind and let the chips fall where they fall "UNIVERSE" be damn - WE WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN!! (I have put the "UNIVERSE ON NOTICE THAT I AM NO LONGER TALKING TO THEM.
I am however going to BUY MORE LOTTERY TICKETS! :>)

When all else fails - revert to HUMOR