This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, June 25, 2011

SLOW DAY

Not much going on today - we are having a yard sale - getting rid of some "stuff" in preparation of the happy-happy-happy day that our house sells.  It's good to clean out "stuff" once in a while.  When we moved here 4 years ago we had yard sales, made donations and then tossed "stuff" out!  Good rule of thumb - if you have not used it it 1-2 years get rid of it one way or the other!

Once the house sells,(prayers-prayers) it will be donation time for the larger items that we may decide not to store.  "Too much the stuff"

I'm proof reading my DW's novel once again as she has decided to self publish thru the publishing arm of Amazon.  I'm glad she decided to go this way, as I think in today's market it is the smart thing to do.

Doubt if I do any painting today - yard sale goes from 8-1 and then it will be "nappie time!"  After all I am retired!!!

I'll be so glad when our house sells and I can spend some in our RV, near a stream, with one eye on my fishing line bobber and one eye on my canvas.  Ahhhhhhhh what a dream!!!

Later my friends :>)

UPDATE:

It's about 10:45 so after almost 3 hours we have made close to $300 not bad - traffic is starting to slow down but maybe another push before 1:00 closing time.  Not a bad take and this of course will be money towards our RV.  This RV adventure is something we are committed to and it will happen - it's just a question of when - this year or next year.  My now outlook of "If you can't control or change it - forget about it!"  Say that with an Italian accent and it really makes a lot of sense.

Later my friends.

Well, we did not get many more yard sale customers but a nice Spanish lady with her two small girls came by and she was looking for clothes that she could bring down to Mexico with her for her family who is still down there and of course is poor and needs her help.  One thing I will say for the Mexicans/Spaniards, they take care of family!  So we gave her some of the clothing that we had not sold and her happiness made our day.

Later my friends,  :>)