This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, June 27, 2011

THE CRUST OF WINTER

Today is a strange day in that we have yet another wild fire out of control (zero % contained) and burning acre after acre of forest.  It is in a canyon (Pacheco Canyon) so no homes as of yet are in danger - they believe this fire was Set!!!  I wonder if perhaps the Senator from Arizona could of had something to do with this!!!!  We now have 3 wild fires in our surrounding area.  A very new one started 2 days ago and is in the area of the (SECRET) laboratories here in Los Alamos NM.  The other night we could see the flames shooting up about 40 feet into the air from the Pacheco Canyon fire that is in a section of the Sangre de Christo mountains that we see from our front courtyard.

NO WONDER NOBODY IS OUT LOOKING AT REAL ESTATE!!!!  THEY ARE AFRAID IF THEY BUY SOMETHING IT WILL BURN DOWN BEFORE SUMMER IS OVER!!

Have to keep the doors and windows shut as well as the swamp coolers off as the smell of smoke gets sucked in and (you guessed it) THAT SUCKS!!

So I decided to do a winter picture as the air is nice and clean and crisp in winter - I don't like winter at all - however the thought of clean crisp air has made the smell of smoke bearable.  Did you know that most retired people are allergic to snow - oh yes - trust me - I know I have a very bad allergy - mostly it pisses me off - it is that type of allergy, along with being cold all the time!  what can I say --- I'm a princess :>) 

I did not take any progress photos as there really was no progress - at this point I need to slip in a quick story - YES I know I'm digressing!!!

My camera stopped loading pictures into my computer the other day.  So after a process of hit and miss, I determined the USB cable was faulty.  So we bought a new USB cable - NOT CHEAP (I am -- but it wasn't) anyways - it worked just fine --- however today it would not load photos in from my camera!  I now believe the USB connection at the camera is loose as the thingie does not insert all the way! So I loaded in the memory card from the camera into my computer by using our printer.  WOW - never have done this before and it took about twice as long to figure it out as it did to do the damn painting!!!

This painting was done in 15 minutes with a palette knife and Blobs and Globs of juicy paint - applied wet into wet very, very ( one more VERY ) quickly on an 8x8 canvas panel.  This is a very loose expressionistic style done with gusto, rusticity and spontaneity of form and color.

"THE CRUST OF WINTER"



UPDATE

The city of Los Alomos has been evacuated!!  All 18,000 families have been sent out of the confines of the city as it is very possible that the wild fire will reach the city.