This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, June 6, 2011

NO PAINTING TODAY :>(

Well today is not a painting day.  Monday morning is the day I normally clean the house - as I am a creature of habit.  I use to paint during Monday afternoon - after the housework.  Lately I have been packing extra "stuff" in our cabinets and closets and garage, getting ready for what I hope will some day soon be the sale of our home.  It is amazing how much "stuff" people can accumulate.  We moved into this house 4 years ago and some of the "stuff" I'm packing has not been used in 4 years!!!!!  DUH!!!!

We are putting some things on a big table in the garage for a yard sale a few weeks from now.  Some may think I'm packing too soon, but as I say this is "stuff" that is just stored in cabinets, closets etc etc.  When our house does sell, I want to be able to hit the road at a minutes notice to search for our RV!!!

We had an older couple interested in the house and their realtor asked if we could close and move out in 30 days!!!!!  WOW - 30 days not much time - so this is when I figured I would start packing "stuff" right away!  The couple ended up choosing another home - but it was an eye opener for sure.

I've got about 20-25 boxes - medium size - packed to date and I will be starting on the out of season and unused clothes next.

I order my boxes on-line in bulk and get them for what I consider a real good price. Pretty soon I will be ordering some more - this time in a larger size for clothes - and items that are not heavy.

Although we plan on RV-ing full time, we will be storing our furniture and other belongings and "stuff" in a storage unit.  The reason for this is we feel that we will only full time RV for about 2 years.  After this we will most likely rent a place in a nice warm climate such as FL or the Carolina's or ???????  When the crappy season comes to wherever we end up, (all places have a crappy season except perhaps the Caribbean) we will jump in our RV and return once the crappy season is OVER!!!!!  This means we will not stick around during the hurricane or muggy summer season if we ended up in FL or the Carolina's. Of course there is always that chance that we would stay RV-ing longer than 2 years but we'll choose that fork in the road when it comes.  On the other side of the coin and I'm sure some of our friends think - we may not make it for 1 year!!!  Our bet is that when two years are over we will be looking to stay out there longer.

Some people have asked - when was the last time you went RV-ing or camping and we say-Hmmmmmmm NEVER!!!!  It is just something that we want to do and we know that we will enjoy it.  I do want to clear up that there is a big difference between camping and
RV-ing.  I would relate it to------- Camping is like going to prison as RV-ing is like going to an all-inclusive resort!  Hmmmmmm prison-resort, prison-resort, Hmmmmmmmm.......

We are committed to our voyage and have routes all planned out to many places - which would take at least 2 years!  I have a slogan which I say each day - "We are one day closer to selling our home."

With those two thoughts I shall leave you guys for today.  Tomorrow is food shopping day (creature of habit) and then perhaps painting some plums if I can find them - none in the store last Tuesday!  :>)