This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, June 9, 2011

PLUM-LICIOUS

I'mmmmmmmm BACK!  OR- as Arnold is saying these days:

"I VANT TO COME BACK"

Today is our 27th wedding anniversary so we are just kind of sitting around enjoying the day - Melissa is working on her next novel and I of course am painting.  Later today we are going to a little Italian Bistro for a nice lunch and then perhaps walk around the Plaza and go into a few shops and galleries.

I did the painting of those plums I found Tuesday at the grocery store.  I do not like plums at all but Melissa likes plums so they won't go to waste - (waste not want not!)

This is 18 x 24 on heavy linen canvas paper using Chroma Interactive Acrylics wet into wet - done very, very quickly using a large brush with gusto, rusticity and spontaneity of color and form.  I had fun with this one.  As has been my norm of late, I won't bore you with "artist jibber jabber" and get right to the creative process in my normal pictorial format.




Another blank canvas - I must cover this with paint!



Splash-splash-plop-plop throw on some color and then more color and more and more color color!











Time for some BG and FG work - as I'm sure you can remember, I like what I call movement in my foregrounds - splashes of color as well as upward and downward strokes of the brush to give direction suggestions and eye movement for the viewer to follow.  The BG to me is static and I really don't consider it necessary but I put it in
 because all the art books say I should!



OK TIME TO BRING THIS PAINT COMPLETELY INTO FOCUS AND SLAP IN THE TWEAKS, THE HIGHLIGHTS AND LAST MINUTE SWOOSHES OF THE BRUSH!  CHARGE!!!!



DETAIL