This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, June 11, 2011

SLOW DAY

Well folks, not too much going on today.  Our area in Santa Fe is getting beaten down with the smoke from that massive fire in Arizona.  It constantly smells of smoke 24/7 or as Jake on 2 1/2 Men says ----- 31!!! :>)

I've been up since 3:30 this morning as the smell was keeping me awake so I figured I might as well get up.  You can't keep the windows open to get a nice breeze so you have to keep the overhead fan going and I ask you---Who can sleep with a fan blowing down on them?  NOT ME!!!!!

I've about packed all that I can in ANTICIPATION :>) of our house selling one of these days.  If I pack anymore the house will start to looked abandoned!!!  When you put your house on the market the BUZZZZZZ word the brokers like to use is DE-CLUTTER.  This means remove all your personal things like family photos, pottery collections, nic/nacs, do-dads etc etc.  They don't want the potential buyer (PB) seeing your personal crap but instead they want the PB to visualize THEIR personal crap in the house and visually picture it as their home.  It's a nice concept------most of the "HGTV" home buyer shows we watch, the PB's can't picture their furniture in the home.  It goes kind of like - "do you think our bedroom set will fit in here?"  "Gee I don't know - the room looks smaller than ours - do you think it looks smaller?"  "Well I guess we could always buy a queen bed and sell our king bed - I just don't know - what do you think?"  "You asked me that already - now I'm starting to get pissed!"
Now I ask you if the PB's don't even know if their furniture will fit into the house - what difference does it make if my Native American pottery collection is displayed in its rightful display case, or if there is a photo of my wife and me on the deck of a cruise ship?  (It's not a clothing optional cruise!!!)
Our Broker is a prince among Brokers - the words DE-CLUTTER never crossed his lips.  He was very tactful and said "You might want to put a few of the "table top" items away and take down a few of the"" photos/wall decorations.  How polite is that!!!!  I like his style!
So until we have a confirmed buyer not too much more packing will get done.
However when that wonderful/blessed/fantastic buyer comes along, this house will be full of packing boxes, packing tape, bubble wrap, wrapping paper etc etc!!!!  we will be packing 31!!!!! :>)

It will take me a day just to pack my studio up - so from that day forward for a while, no painting will take place until about 1-2 months AFTER we move out!

Well, I guess I'll go throw some paint at my easel and see what develops!  :>)