This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, June 2, 2011

RED BARTLETT No. II

Hi Folks --- I've been retired since I was 54!  I was fortunate in that I received early retirement after working for a bank for 32 long miserable unappreciated years and my age and years of service added up to some magical # that allowed me to jump a sinking ship. Merger after merger after merger and I managed to hang on to my position (much to my disappointment)! Well-----there was another merger in the wind and if you have not been through a merger, DON'T GO THRU ONE - THEY SUCK!! EACH ONE SUCKS MORE THAN THE PREVIOUS ONE!!!

I turned 71 mid May this year (2011 ) and at age 54 is when I started painting.

For some reason since retiring I have declared Wednesdays to be "MY DAY OFF!
 
Why do you find that funny - retired people deserve a DAY OFF!! I'm a creature of habit and I have certain days of the week that I do certain things - such as clean the house, do the food shopping, do the laundry, do projects around the house and YES paint! My wife works at a yoga studio so I take on most of the household chores to help. (applause-applause-applause) :>)

On my day off I choose to PAINT, even on the other days of the week I PAINT!! Truth be told I PAINT on average 4 - 5 days a week. I normally do not paint on the weekends as these are my days off - ALSO!!! Hey I'm retired - what can I say!

Well, on Wednesday of this week, my DAY OFF, I decided that I would turn the volume up a notch and increase my 8 x 8 sized recent paintings to 16 x 16. My basic reason for this was I had a piece 16 x 16 linen canvas paper and did not feel like cutting it - HEY it's my DAY OFF!!! With a larger sub-straight (artist talk) , I can introduce more expression-emotion-gusto-rusticity-spontaneity and all that other stuff we artists like to talk about - just to talk and make folks think we really know what we are talking about! I really love to paint on large surfaces - my favorite is 30 x 48 gallery wrapped canvas. I altered my easel so I can mount a maximum size canvas of 48 high by 30 wide.

I digress - (old people do that!)

Once again we have the Red Bartlett Pear - even tho it was eaten days ago, I used my 8 x 8 creation as the model for this 16 x 16. And so we begin this journey of artistic adventure and creation with not a lot of dissertation as I'm a very quiet person and as I've mentioned before I paint by the seat of my pants (all the seats of our chairs are stained with paint blotches) :>)

OK - this also was a very, very quick painting done wet into wet with my trusty palette knife loaded up with dripping gobs of thick juicy paint along with a song and a prayer............................... I might add that during the last couple of swooshes of the palette knife the painting fell off my easel, landed on and semi-stuck to my shirt- fortunately most of the paint except the recent swooshes had almost dried and the only damage was some paint on my shirt. However being frugal (waste not want not) I had on one of my True Value T-shirts which I got when I worked P/T in a local hardware store. This is another story for another time but suffice it to say that it was not a pleasant work experience!!!

You may not believe it, but it has taken me longer to write this than it did to do the painting! OK here we go - quick painting - quick presentation without a lot of jibber-jabber!!!!
 
Do not blink - this will very, very, very quick!
 
WOW!!!!  This looks like a good place to begin - I guess this is that "blank canvas" I hear people mention all the time - I always wondered about that.
 
 

Told you it would be quick - that blank canvas was blinding me!!!  Still can't find my sunglasses - guess I'll have to look for them on my next day off.  Hmmmmmm that would be today :>)





TAAAAAA DAAAAAA
(NOW, HOW QUICK WAS THAT!!!)

BY JOVE I THINK WE'VE GOT IT!!!  :>)