This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, June 15, 2011

CHUNKY PLUMS


Those of you who follow this blog may have noticed that I've been somewhat down in the dumps of late. Broken spirits due to the Real Estate market that may very well be the cause of the demise of our dream to become full time RV-ers. That coupled with the anticipation of perhaps stopping or slowing down my painting output.
Two people that I do not know, Steve & his wife Evin, who I just met on the Internet on an RV blog that I participate on and follow sent me an email regarding the posting of my current state of mind. The email was very encouraging and I was very surprised that they start their day reading my blog and the biggest surprise was when they informed me that they love my art endeavors and asked that I do not stop painting.
Long story short - for now I am not planning to stop painting but may slow down my output if indeed I can. After painting for 16 years, it has become and in fact is a way of life. I thank these two kind people for their encouragement and very kind words regarding my work.
OK-----here we go again------enough of the whinny cry baby crap and back into reality. You know if our house does not sell - it's no big deal - it's bound to sell at some point so I've just got to sit my butt down and GET OVER IT!!! I will however say that had I known 4 months ago how the brokers in this area try to adjust their selling process to the economic times - i most likely would not have put our home up for sale.  But we are in it for the long term.  Our RV dream may be delayed - so what - we have a good life and a beautiful home to ENJOY!!!! This is my PEP talk to myself!
You know me, I'm a very quiet person but before I begin I must tell you a story as the mind can be the first thing to go - geezzzz I hope it's not anything else that goes first!! I had to go to the DR. today - he had switched me over to a generic drug at my request as the brand name Medicare decided to raise the price from $42 for a 90 day supply to $230 for a 90 day supply!! Friggin CROOKS! Where is AARP I ask you? When I got to the Dr's it looked like they might be giving away free things as the waiting room was full and people who had little computer looking devices - I thought hmmmm maybe a digital Rubik's cube festival. Long story short they were switching over to a new system so each patient had to re-enter all their medical history. Why the employees sitting around behind the reception desk doing nothing couldn't do it I have no idea - not a clue. I was going to ask them but they were too busy talking to each other. I went thru this 2 previous times with this Dr. and he never asked me any questions regarding what I had entered, like ringing in the ears and a few things I can't mention here - I mean like I'm 71 years old - I'm bound to have some problems! So this time I decided I would also answer some of the questions "For Female Only." This should determine if the Dr. really reads this info!! I can just hear him at my next visit "Richard can you describe your severe menstrual cramps to me?"
 
OK - I digress -Oh Ya that was one other thing I entered into the computer thingy but he never asked me about it. :>) He did ask about my forgetting things - like how often and what kinds of things do I forget - I told him I can't remember!! I'm mean DUH wasn't he listening to me??

This will be quick as I have forgotten what I was going to say so hold onto your seat and here we Goooooooo - Lift off.

I found another blank canvas - I use to hear that term and wondered what in the hell are they talking about! Landscapers use this a lot and the next thing you know a friggin botanical garden appears! Well, these are just Plums so don't expect too much!! :>)

 This is 11 x 14 and painted on a canvas panel using Chroma Interactive Acrylic (MY STANDARD INGREDIENT OF CHOICE) done with a palette knife wielded around with lots and I mean lots of expression - emotion - gusto - spontaneity of color and form without regard for the precise color of a plum as I really don't care about that. Plums are not my favorite fruit, so they do not get a lot of attention from me. I find them fun to paint to see what blending of color I can get to make an otherwise boring fruit interesting. Oh yes I must not forget that I put some RUSTICITY into this - Geezzzz did I ever mention that I love that word!!
A palette knife especially in the hands of a mildly depressed artist can give a tremendous amount of confidence and is also a tool to whip about while taking frustration out on the canvas. It is very empowering. I feel like an Iron Chef with my knife in hand so look out Bobby Flay - Dickie J is in town!

Fast painting --- Fast presentation:

WOW - i found another "blank canvas" I'll quickly sketch the outline of some plum like thingies. :>)







OK - got to get some color on this as the white is giving me a headache!  Things happen quickly with a palette knife as a lot of territory gets covered with a few swipes.







Working wet into wet you do have to be careful not to create "MUD" the idea is to keep the colors fresh so the art of blending is what this whole painting is about.  I think these little thingies need some stems!


Taaaa Daaaa - DONE!



DETAIL