This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, April 4, 2011

BEGINNINGS OF A DIRTY MARTINI - HOT-HOT-HOT

One of the artists that I follow and just love his work suggests that you look in your refrig and pick out some items to use in a still life painting. I scratched my head at first but I think this is a very original and fantastic idea!!  Sooooooooo I found tabasco sauce and green olives.  I don't drink, so I googled the ingredients for a dirty martini and decided to make this one in a southwest style hot-hot-hot.
For the foreseeable future I'm going to concentrate on very loose - semi abstract pieces as I enjoy this style and I seem to be moving in that direction.  I never have been one for detail, so I think this is a natural progression for me and will also fit in nicely once we start of RV Vagabond Voyage.

BEGINNINGS OF A DIRTY MARTINI - HOT-HOT-HOT
20 x 16 - Heavy Linen Paper - Chroma Interactive Acrylics - wet into wet- alla prima with a big brush with spontaneity and rusticity.