This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, April 7, 2011

MARGARITA SOUTHWEST STYLE

# 3 in the Refrigerator Series - 14 x 11 on canvas panel - Chroma Interactive Acrylics - big brush - wet into wet - alla prima with gusto, spontaneity in color and form with a semi abstract/expressionistic style.
As mentioned before, I am in the process of loosening up my style - I figure I'm about 1/2 way to the level of looseness I want to acquire.  I would like my style to be just shy of sloppy.  An artist I follow quite extensively says"  When you start to recognize the items in a painting - you have perhaps put in too much detail.

It is the absence of detail that in my opinion makes a painting shine - in that one should always give the veiwer something to finish --------

Now I have to go buy some more "things" for our refrig!!!!!


n


 



FINI