This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, April 4, 2011

C IS THE LETTER FOR TODAY

Well, here we go again - the letter for today is C

C - Complimentary Color provides the artist with the ability to make sections of a painting POP!! By complimentary I don't mean they say nice things to one another :>) but rather when placed next to one another they seem to jump (POP) off the canvas. Using one color to enrich and enliven the other color is a standard technique in my work thereby providing life to the painting.
 
The Complimentary colors are:
Red and Green
Blue and Orange
Yellow and Purple

When complimentary colors are mixed together they can produce wonderful greys. This can be an important tool if you just wanted to "grey down" some green, you need only blend in a bit of red.

I never mix my colors together on a palette, I always BLEND my paint directly on the painting surface.


Variation in color is very important to bring life into a painting. A friend and Professional artist Tony Van Hasselt www.tonyvanhasselt.com taught me to never make more than 2 brush strokes without dipping the brush into another color.
 
 

: