This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, April 14, 2011

CHEERS

Well, My wife is at jury duty again today, and it is suppose to go thru Saturday- I'd better go buy some more paint!!!!!

"CHEERS"

24 x 18 on heavy linen canvas paper - Chroma Interactive Acrylic - wet into wet - alla prima- with big brush and lots of arm movement with gusto and spontaneity of form - color - and over all presence of shapes and subject matter. Done in a semi-abstract style as part of my venture into loosening my style. Once dry, I may go back in and put some rusticity (brush marks) into it.

I am not a detail painter and as I've mentioned I want to develop my style to one step removed from SLOPPY!  Laura Robb a very famous still life painter said words to the effect......once you start to recognize the subjects the rignt side of the brain takes over and you are in trouble ---- DEAIL-DETAIL-DETAIL starts to take over!






FINI