This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Friday, April 1, 2011

A - Z APRIL BLOG CHALLENGE

I have decided to participate in the Tossing It Out   A-Z April Blog Challenge (http://tossingitout.blogspot.com)   It's my first time doing something like this and I will try my best to post every day in April,  Since my Blog has two parts to it - painting and RV-ing, I may mix the subject on various days. So here we go with my first post in the challenge:

A - Acrylic

I have been painting for about 16 years - the first twelve in watercolor and the last 4 in Acrylic.  I like Acrylic much better as I can get texture in my work and the saturation of color is much better than with watercolor.  I use Professional Chroma Interactive Acrylic paint which provides me the ability to produce texture and blending of color very similar to that of oil paints.  The big advantage over oil being the cleanup as well as the toxic fumes from oil paint and its various solvents and additives.  I tried oils for a while and the cleanup was very, very messy.  With Acrylics the cleanup is with H2O and the thickness of the Chroma paint is just as thick and juicy as oil paint.  When I compared the finished pieces in both Chroma Acrylics and Oil, the results were identical.