This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, April 18, 2011

HOW YOU DO'IN UP THERE

Laura Robb a professional painter and one of the great still life painters of today-IMHO-  said words to the effect .........When I setup a still life I try to position the pieces so it appears they are having a conversation----it is that conversation that I paint.

16 X 20 on heavy linen canvas paper - wet into wet- alla prima with Chroma Interactive Acrylics and big brush. I met a painter on the internet who lives in New Mexico (same as me) and she mentioned that she favored my rendered pieces as compared to my expressive-semi-abstract pieces Soooooooo that gave me an idea and I decided to do a piece that is both "rendered" and touches of "expression."

I do however enjoy painting more in a semi-abstract (loose) expressive style and it is this style that I favor and am trying to hone.  But like I say you need to "render" once in a while least you forget!

"How You Do'in Up There" is my record of the conversation between two red pears :>)








DETAIL




YES, I CHANGED TO LOCATION OF THE STEM ON THE LEFT PEAR TO ENHANCE THE CONVERSATION!  :>)