This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Tuesday, April 5, 2011

THE LETTER TODAY IS D

The letter for today is D

I'm going with Dry Brush and Dinghy

Dry brush is a painting technique that I use quite often, because I like texture in my brush strokes. Using a wet brush results in a "watery" appearance, much like a watercolor painting, and less texture. 

Dry brush technique requires an almost completely dry brush loaded with paint and quickly dragged across the painting surface, with the width of the flat of the bristles almost flat against the surface.  It helps if the surface has some "tooth" (roughness) to it.  The classic example of how dry brush technique is used is the shimmering of light across the surface of a body of water.

Okay, now for Dinghy - I thought a dinghy was a very small boat - however in RV lingo it is a car that is towed behind an RV.  We (my wife) has a Chilly Red Mini Cooper with black racing stripes and black roof!  Cool Lady - cool car!!  To put it mildly - it is a very, very, very little (BORDERLINE TINY) car - LIKE THE ONES THAT 18 CLOWNS WOULD CLIMB OUT OF AT THE CIRCUS!!!!   When we finally start RV-ing full time, we will tow it behind our RV and it will be know as our "DINKY DINGHY!!!"