This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, April 2, 2011

Well, here we are at day 2 in the Tossing It Out   A-Z April Blog Challenge (http://tossingitout.blogspot.com)   The letter for today is B 

B --- BOLD and BWT.  First we'll talk about BOLD. 
I love color!  16 years ago when I started painting in watercolor a professional artist who lived near me said  - "Use paint like you are a millionaire!!!"  HOWEVER,  I was timid at first and one day my wife said "you paint like a girl!"  WOW -  OUCH!!!  However it was true - my colors were faint, soft and lacking Boldness.  Girls of course as we all know and I assure you my wife does also, can paint just as good and even better in some cases then men - my wife said it so don't shoot the blogger!!!  At times now she suggests that I pull back some of my gusto as I now apply paint with very BOLD stokes of both the brush and platte knife - it is my way of saying HELLO I'M OVER HERE------LOOK AT THIS!!!!  At times, with a palette knife I apply my paint about 1/8 of an inch thick - now that is acting like a millionaire!! 

BWT - this has nothing to do with painting but has to do with RV-ing.  This stands for Black Water Tank!  YES the dreaded BWT!!!  The BWT amounts to the SEPTIC SYSTEM of the RV!  This I'm told is the worst side of RV-ing!  The length RV we want is 31-36 feet long & has a capacity of approx. 40-46 gallons of BW.  Sounds like a lot - however the tank has to be about 1/3 - 1/2 full of water or the toilet won't flush!!!!  Oh Crap!!!  With two adults of normal bodily fluid discharge, (I'm trying to be sensitive here), the BWT will need to be emptied (DUMPED in RV talk) about every 3 weeks - give or take a sandwich or two!  RV-ers have their own lingo - DUMPED I find that humorous!!!  The dumping takes place via a 4 inch diameter hose into the RV Park septic system.  Of course a clog - which I'm told is common - can complicate this nasty process.  Oh Crap!!!!

When we start our RV Vagabond Voyage I for one will drink much less fluids and cut my food intake in HALF!!!!!!!!  :>)
  
Well Dudes (New Mexico talk for friends) tomorrow the letter is C and as Arnold says "I"LL BE BACK!!"