This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Friday, April 29, 2011

BURGUANDY - 2007

Third painting in the "Wine Series"
24 x 18 on heavy linen canvas paper done with "Impasto infused" Chroma Interactive Acrylic paints.  Painted with expression-emotion- energy and rusticity ( I love that word) in an expressive style with a tad of semi-abstract thrown in to awaken the sleepy.

First I eliminate some of the white of the canvas - I LOST MY SUNGLASSES!


Next I put in some color for a "road map" to see where I'm going



Some additional color and texture and I start to develop the glass



I pour some wine in the glass :>) and start the
 development of the label and surrounding area and deepen the color on the pear as well as a few highlights


Put in some background- quick-quick (I do not like backgrounds!)


Put in some foreground (I like foregrounds) -here a tweak-there a tweak and:

FINI




DETAIL