This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Sunday, October 9, 2011

CORNERSTONES

Good Morning Blog Buddies,

Well, Sunday is automatically a day of rest for us - we used to sit around and read the Sunday paper and read the travel ads.  These days we sit around drink coffee and write our blog - search the Internet and catch up on email.

Today we are going to a reception for Artists.  Each year here in Santa Fe an organization called CORNERSTONES asks artists to donate paintings for auction to generate funds for their various projects.  CORNERSTONES is a company that saves historic buildings and renovates them so they stay functional and history is maintained.  I really believe in this cause and last year on into this year and perhaps the next few years they are saving a very, very old church here in Santa Fe - one of the oldest.  It is the San Miguel Mission considered by many historians to be the oldest Mission in the USA.

Since we are downsizing getting ready for our RV Adventure, I donated 6 paintings to the auction this year.

Each year a couple of weeks before the auction CORNERSTONES puts on a catered luncheon for all the artists who have donated paintings for the current year.  The luncheon is normally held at some of the most beautiful private properties here in Santa Fe.  I'm talking about multi-million dollar homes with multi-million dollar views.  The owners of these homes are very generous to donated the use of their home for this function. 

The food is fantastic and all of the paintings donated are displayed in the home during this wonderful function.

I have to say that I will miss this next year as we most likely will not be in the Santa Fe area.

Well, got to get my self looking nice for this function and believe me that can take hours!!  :>)

I've had a ponytail for almost 5 years now and it's starting to become "Old Stuff" that being said I'm considering getting a BUZZ CUT!!!  More on that later.

Well my friends - until we meet again - I wish you well.  And remember -------Hmmmm I forget.   :>)  JR