This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I COULD NOT RESIST!!!

Hello blog buddies,

Well, after setting up ED I could not resist throwing some paint around.  As you know I was biting at the bit to do so but had to do some things to get ready for our trip to Indiana to design our RV.  So I rushed thru those tasks and found the time to throw some paint around.  Where there is a will --- there is a way!!

A week of so ago we had a dusting of snow at the UNIT ON THE HILL - however up at the ski basin they had a friggin BLIZZARD!!!!  From what I could see - a good 6 inches and------most of it is still visible!!

This is my interpretation of "EARLY AUTUMN SNOW IN THE SANGRES"

It is 10 x 8 on canvas panel and was painted with vigor using a palette knife.  This is painted in an expressionistic style with emotion and of course expression - which is why they call it expressionistic - DUH - see how quickly I catch on!!!!  :>)

Excuse me - you, Sir in the 4th row - you have a question? -----------------------

Good question!!!!  When I have not painted for a while my strokes with brush or palette knife become very hesitant - tentative - my arm does not move as freely and I over think design-composition-color etc etc.  Sooooo that being said ---which I just did ------- I always do a very quick painting using a palette knife and I put no thought into the colors chosen, or to the exacting shapes or positions of objects.

Moving on ---- I did this piece very quickly with gusto, and perhaps an exaggerated movement of the "KNIFE ARM."  In this way I build up my confidence quickly and my hesitation with the absence from the painting process very quickly disappears.

First I throw in a quick sketch and then apply some paint in a very "I don't care" manner.


In addition to a palette knife, when creating pine trees, I slap paint on - 2 or 3 different colors and use my hair comb as a blending tool - it gives great texture.



I now throw in some dark background around the trees as the forest up in the Sangre de Christo mountains is very thick.  I also toss some light orange on the trunks as that is the light side with the light coming from the right - also the yellows/oranges from the aspen foliage has a reflective effect on all that is near them.




Google Blogger - or Google Blooper as I call it is as usual not running very well - so I'm going to speed this up before I lose my efforts in trying to get this posted.  It is worse than Microsoft or as I call it MicroSLOP!

I do tweaks here and there being careful not to create MUD as this is being done wet into wet - I don't like waiting for paint to dry!!!!  I throw in some snow and some shadows on the snow from the tree trunks and surrounding "things" and I toss in some vegetation as this is the first snow so not all ground cover will be covered with snow.

Following is the completed painting with all those things done to it that I mentioned in the above paragraph - pretty COOL ---


I would like to add that ED behaved reasonably well during this painting session.  His attitude has improved considerably since his trip to the "DUMPSTER!"
He did complain once that I was using too much force with my application of paint and he was afraid he might get bruised!!!!  I said "ED---I have to go to the dumpster ---- want to go with me?""
ED said no-no-no JR---I'm cool!!!!

I'll be gone for a few days with my DW and we will be designing our RV
OUR NEW HOME!!!