This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, November 12, 2011

Good Evening Blog Buddies

Well - it seems as tho when my DW Melissa goes back to New England I paint a lot!!!  I love to paint and it certainly does make the time go by - which is a good thing.

I seem to be in a winter phase and being someone who does not like winter at all, I do love to paint winter scenes!  If you notice, I always put WARM colors into my winter scenes which of course warms them up and in my opinion the color makes them interesting instead of boring white and grey!

I start by creating a winter looking sky by blending grayish blue - white and grey directly on the surface of the canvas.

Looks like winter to me!!!

I used my TVH brush ( I love that brush) wet into wet for the sky and the ground clutter will be done with my fan brush.



OK the rest will go quickly and will consist of using the fan brush to LAYER different levels of ground clutter so I build up depth in the scene






TAAAAAA-DAAAAAA
DONE!!!!



Some detail photos for those who like to get in close and see what is going on :>)





Until next time  JR :<)