This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Friday, November 25, 2011

OHHHHHHHHH THE WEIGHT GAIN!!!!

Hello Blog Buddies,

BEFORE YOU READ MY BLOG POSTING, TAKE A LOOK AT THE MESSAGE TO YOUR RIGHT.  TRUST ME, THIS IS THE NEW CHRISTMAS CLASSIC OF OUR CENTURY.  CHECK IT OUT AND PUT SOME THOUGHT INTO PURCHASING SEVERAL FOR YOUR KIDS OR GRAND KIDS OR JUST FOR YOURSELF.

THANKS JR  :>)

Well-------the day after Thanksgiving!!!!  I weighed myself B4 eating Thanksgiving dinner and I weighed in at 153.  I was happy with that - although I want to get back down to 150 for the start of our RV adventure come April 2012.

Melissa and I do not eat a lot - we are light and healthful eaters.  HOWEVER that said when we have NICE FOOD in front of us we can INHALE FOOD as nicely as anyone else - it's just that most of the time we don't put large quantities of food in front of us!!!  :>)

With that said - and I just said it - I weighed my self this morning and I weigh 155 - that is  a gain of TWO POUNDS!!!!  Disgusting - I'm ashamed of myself!!!!  That said and you heard it here first - I'm totally disgusted with myself!!!  HOWEVER-- I REALLY ENJOYED THE FOOD AND THE DESERT!!!!!1  :>) 

By this time next week I will be back down to 152 or even 151!!!

I'm sure most of you can remember a recent posting I did of "Vase with Apple" - this is the one where for some reason my ZIP had taken a DIP!!!  At that time I said I would go back into the painting with my trusty palette knife and rework the painting to give it some life and to put the ZIP back into my ZIP

There is nothing as rehabilitating as quick palette knife work to put your mind back onto the right track - that being LOOSE-EMOTION-EXPRESSION filled strokes in the creation of a painting.

Soooooooo this is the results of my "GOING BACK INTO" the painting with my buddy Mac the Palette Knife!!!

This is what it looked like before "THE KNIFE" I find it to be flat - lifeless and
BOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRING!!!!!!!  ( YAWN-YAWN-YAWN )



"REVAMP OF VASE WITH APPLE"
16 X 12 - on heavy linen paper



Some detail of the knife work on the vase and apple







Of course when doing this revamp procedure this morning it had to start snowing!!!



Enjoy the day my friends!

JR  :>)