This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, November 5, 2011

TRYING TO PAIR UP

Good Morning Blog Buddies,

Welllllllll - they predicted it and it happened.  The prediction was for upwards to 1 inch of snow and by golly it snowed - but only a dusting and now most of it is melted - the sunshine is so intense here in NM that snow melts very quickly.


This is the view from out the slider in the living room - most of the dusting has since melted

OK - I did another quickie this morning - using medium size brushes with lots of spontaneity.  The canvas panel  is 8 x 10
I started with my typical sketch not really caring about accuracy - other than these are pears and I make sure I don't sketch apples!!!!  :>)

When applying paint, I become a tad more accurate and as I say I go outside the lines to make the shape more realistic - actually visibly recognizable would be more correct.  Whatever you do, don't make your kids stay inside the lines when coloring - they will grow up to be very anal!!!  Then they will get on your nerves and it will be all your fault!!!



I now throw some paint at the sketch as well as generate some lights and darks and texture using "rapid fire" short staccato brush strokes.





OK the rest of the painting will go very quickly as it's only 8x10 so I won't drag out the blah-blah-blah as youse guys know my drill!!!  :>)

I will tweak more of the color on the pears as well as generate a BG and a FG - the light is coming from the left so - YEP you guessed it the shadows need to be on the right.
Youse guys have picked up a lot of the info I've passed on and I would expect some of you to already be creating some of your own paintings!

OK - HOLD ON - HERE WE (I) GO!!!







Now for some final tweaking and "window dressing" and we  ( I ) will be done!!



TA-DAAAAAAAAA DONE



Have a good day my friends and what ever you are doing - where ever you are doing it
ENJOY!!!!

JR  :>)