This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Tuesday, November 1, 2011

WOO-HOO TO THE POWER OF 2

Good Morning Blog Buddies,

Well, it's a nice morning in the low 40's and the sun is out and the sky is blue - can't ask for more than that!

I did the laundry this morning - CORRECT - you two folks in the front row middle seats are very observant - I always did the laundry on Wednesday!!!!!  Well as I say I'm living on the edge now and mixing things all up!!!!  :>)

l decided to follow up with another WOO-HOO painting, making this one bigger thus the "POWER OF 2" or WOO-HOO SQUARED

This painting is 16 x 12 done on heavy duty linen paper, using a big brush!!  Yes, my TVH brush ( I love that brush!!)  What else did I use??  The fellow in the 3rd row outside seat on my left - you seem to think you know the answer!!!  CORRECT - BINGO - RIGHT ON DUDE!!!!!!  The gentleman correctly said:

EMOTION-EXPRESSION-SPONTANEITY!!!!!!!

The first thing I do is sketch a vase onto the linen paper - I really don't care about accuracy as the whole top portion will be covered with indications of leaves and flowers.  You noticed I said "INDICATION" - very important word as I do not like accuracy and straight lines.  I always say if I have a straight line in one of my paintings IT IS A MISTAKE!!!!!!!  To my eyes LESS IS MORE AND LOOSE IS BEST.



The next thing I do is throw on some color using my TVH Big Boy Brush!!!
(I love that brush!!!)  This gives me a road map for the creation process of this vase.



OK - the rest is going to go quickly as using a big brush is almost like using a palette knife - lots of paint applied in very little time and I'm painting wet into wet so I don't want to delay the process or the creative juices that are flowing.



OK - now I ask you what do I have left to do??  When I count to 3 I would like all of you guys to speak in unison - OK?  OK!!  1-2-3
CORRECT AGAIN - DAMN what a great audience!!!

TWEAK-CREATE BG & FG- TWEAK-TWEAK-TWEAK

OK HERE WE ( I ) GO!!

WOO - HOO
DONE!!!!


Some detail for those of you who like to check things out close up - God bless YA!!




Hope you guys enjoy this as I had a blast!!!!  Perhaps tomorrow will be
WOO - HOO TO THE THE POWER OF 3
24 X 18  (BIGGER THAN THE POWER OF 2!!!!)

Until next time - stay warm - happy & healthy

JR  :>)