This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Sunday, November 13, 2011

Good Morning Blog Buddies

Well today is one of those rare cloudy days in Santa Fe.  It is not very often we get cloudy days as on average we have 320 SUNNY days each year.  The rainy season in southern CA. tends to send moisture our way in the late autumn and winter.  Most of our storms - not that we have many - and on average they are very small, come from our neighbors in CA.  Aren't they generous!!!!

I got up early this morning - around 4:30 - just could not sleep any more and if  I just lay there, I end up getting a headache.  When it's time to get up - it's time to get up!!!!  My DW Melissa has a saying "When it's time to go - it's time to go!!"  When packing for a trip, her saying is "There is always room for one more thing!!!!"  :>)

Sooooo I put on a nice big pot of freshly ground coffee and said good morning to MR. ED (my easel) and poured myself a nice big cup of coffee - woofed down a Trader Joe's fig breakfast bar, filled two containers with nice clean water and proceeded to do another winter scene.

As you buddies know, I do not like detail in my paintings - I love looseness and as I always say if there is a straight line in my paintings - then I've made a mistake!!!  There is a painter that I watch on TV most Saturday afternoons - she is dead now :>(   she died in her early 60's - cancer - but her lessons have had an influence in my work.  My style is very different then her style but what she has to say and how she interpreted those teachings and applied them to her style is what made it HER STYLE.

I have learned to apply her teachings to the style that I paint (Expressionistic) and I've taken her teachings and iIncorporated them into what makes MY STYLE.  Yesterday she said "Your don't paint what you see --- you paint a concept of what you see."  Her style was Impressionistic sort of in between realistic and loose.  What she was saying - you don't have to paint everything you see and you don't have to paint it exactly as it is.  Makes perfect sense to me.

The forests in NM as I've mentioned before are in desperate need of thinning - but like everything else these days - there just AIN'T enough money to do it!  That's why we have a lot of very serious WILD FIRES in NM!!

Most people do not think NM gets snow of that it gets cold - WELL let me tell you anyone who thinks that is SOOOOOOOO WRONG!!!!  With that in mind, after my first cup of coffee at 4:45 this morning and woofing down that fig bar I very quickly did another 7X5 canvas panel painting I call:

"Hugs To Keep Warm"  (even trees get cold!!)

This was done with my TVH big brush ( I love that brush) and my fan brush.  My intent was to show that the overcrowding in our forests has the visual effect of allowing the trees to HUG when cold and snowy.  If you look at the aspens in the winter, they bend so easily in the wind that they actually look like they are hugging one another for warmth as well as hugging the mighty pines.

Not a lot of blah-blah-blah with this one as it was early and I only had one cup of coffee - so you'll need to roll with it--- :>)



As is the norm for me - in goes the winter sky as the first thing



In goes the BG and the beginning of the snow cover. We are now entering the part where there is NO blah-blah-blah sooooo I can only suggest that you do not blink, do not yawn, do not look at the person sitting on your right or your left, as well as no looking up at the ceiling.
My job in this presentation as with all my presentations is to keep you interested - so if you loose interest you should have left before the..........

TAAAAAAA - DAAAAAAA
WE ARE DONE :>)

"HUGS TO KEEP WARM"
7X5


Enjoy your day - let the sun shine in and hug someone!

JR  :>)