This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, November 9, 2011

SMALLER!!!

Good Morning Blog Buddies,

It was down right COLD this morning - 22 degrees!!!  Way to cold for me!!  Glad this will be our last winter in a cold climate - next year this time we should either be in Arizona of Florida!!!!

OK - after posting the ocean scene yesterday an RV acquaintance commented that a 5x7 size painting may be better suited for RVs.  I normally do not paint in that small of a format - as I've mentioned before, if I had the space I would do nothing but 48 x 30 size paintings.  This is the size that one can be expressive - emotional - spontaneous and create joyful pieces.  However our tiny Unit on the Hill has no room to paint that size canvas.

I said to myself ---- "SELF give a 5x7 a try!!!!"

The main reason I do not normally paint SMALL is because it causes the arthritis in my painting hand to flare up and that AIN'T NO FUN as they say!!!!

However into each life a little pain must come so I decided to forge ahead and try a 5x7 ocean scene.

This is on 5x7 heavy linen paper and was created using the same tools as the last two larger paintings - namely my TVH big brush ( I love that brush ) and my trusty hog hair Fan brush used in a Dry Brush application.

Soooooooo here it is ------ DO NOT EXPECT A LOT OF PHOTOS OR JIBBER JABBER AS 5X7 TO MY EYES IS OHHHHHHHH SOOOOOOOOO VERY SMALL!!!

I have to say that I dipped my brush into some paint and HOLY CRAP I was done!!!  :>)

TAAAAAA - DAAAAAA


DETAIL



I think I will go back into the painting and eliminate the foliage clutter on the viewer right as I find it to bit redundant in such a small painting and I think more ocean will give more visual width and height to the piece.


Soooooo that said ------ I"ll be right back - sit tight y'all

OK - I"M BACK!!!! 
WHEW!!!!

Now --- I think this looks much better - the change gave it more visual length and oddly enough more visual height!  NOW I'M HAPPY!!!

I also got a better picture the ones above are too light!!!  I also threw a splash of visual sunlight onto the breaking wave.

This was an experiment to see how my hand reacted to such a small piece.
Not too bad - only because it was almost done before I started!!!!  So I may do a few more just to see if I like  this small format.

Soooo we have "5x7 Dunes"



DETAIL


Enjoy the day my friends.   JR  :>)