This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, November 14, 2011

HARVEST GOLD No. II

Hi again Blog Biddies,

I thought I would follow up with another pear painting but done in a somewhat looser style then the earlier posting this morning.  This one is done in a looser manner and a more Expressionistic style as compared to a tighter Impressionistic style as was the first one.

This will let you see the difference in the intensity of the brush strokes as well as the fluidity of the emotion behind the strokes.  This one has more spontaneity in its creation and staccato in its brush strokes than the first one - however that said -- and I just said it -- the first one has more labor intensive BLENDING of colors on the surface and a much smoother presentation of its surface.

I enjoy both styles but have to say that this 2nd one - looser - more spontaneity and emotion gives me greater joy in its process.

That said - a quick presentation as the last thing my Blog Buddies need is a drawn out presentation AGAIN IN ONE DAY!!!

I did approach the beginning of this one a bit differently in that I painted the canvas with the same black & blue paint but painted around a shape of a pear,  Either way works.


I now throw in a color called parchment which will get rid of the white glare of the pear which at this point is just the untouched canvas as I panted around the shape to create the BG



This being a Bartlett pear, the shape and colors are different than the first painting,  I just throw in color with some emotion and sspontaneity (whops - I just stuttered!!) using loose staccato strokes of my brush as compared to the long smooth flowing strokes in the first painting.



OK - time for the tweaking and finishing touches as well as painting the stem.

10 x 8 on canvas panel
"HARVEST GOLD No. II"



Well, I think my painting marathon is over for a couple of days - so you guys MAY get a rest from me!
:>)

Enjoy your day and I hope you enjoyed the comparison between the two styles that I presented to Y'ALL
If you have a chance take a bite out of life!!!

JR   :>)