This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Look Of Winter

Good Morning Blog Buddies,

Well we got a dusting of snow yesterday.  As most of you know, I do not like snow.  I do not like the cold.  I am a desert person and an ocean person - if I could find an ocean in the desert - that would be heaven - that said - I love to paint snow!!!  If I told you that we got enough snow yesterday to do a winter scene, I would be stretching the truth - OK it would a an outright LIE!!!  However that said - which I just did - I have no problem evoking my artistic license!!!  :>)

This painting was done very, very, very quickly wet into wet on 5x7 canvas panel.  This is an exercise in loosening my style and it is overflowing with emotion - expression and spontaneity - the spontaneity was so spontaneous that the painting was spontaneously completed in just about 12 minutes.  :>)  That is not meant to be bragging, it is to say that the loosening of ones style is in direct  proportion to the quickness in which a painting is created.  No time to think - no time to plan - no time to spread out tubes of paint - you just go at it with every ounce of vim and vigor in your body and mind.  If you don't like the color you just applied, simply change it - reach for another tube.  Looseness is uncensored thinking and arm and hand motion that simply happens.

I used my big TVH brush ( I love that brush ) for the sky and trees - the ground clutter was once again done with my fan brush using upward strokes done with stealth like speed - no thought - no planning - just globs of juicy paint. 

I looked out the slider in my tiny living room and there are some trees out there on a slope and the trees have a DUSTING of snow (kind of like a dusting of powered sugar) which did nothing for me so into play comes artistic license.

Some people would call this painting sloppy or semi - abstract - there is a fine line between sloppy and loose as well as semi-abstract and emotion.  IMHO loose is just shy of sloppy and semi-abstract is cold with very little emotion.

OK - this will be very quick:

5x7 "The Look Of Winter"  on canvas panel.

Look what I found --- a blank piece of canvas panel!!!!!!


OK here we go very, very quickly - so fast in fact there was hardly any time to snap photos!!!

The first thing I do - as always in a landscape is to create a sky - I shoot for a semi-winter sky after all it's not a day at the beach!!!  :>)



OK - sky is in so now wet into wet to establish the rest of the scene as I see it from my tiny-tiny living room slider.

BAM!!!!!  I told you it would be quick!!!  I hope nobody blinked!!!!  :<)  The sky and BG trees done with my TVH brush ( I love that brush) and the ground clutter done with my fan brush in a dry brush application.


For the inquisitive blog buddies - a close up.



Work the day and let the day work you - let some sunshine in and enjoy your being.

Until next time----------

JR  :>)