This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Friday, November 11, 2011

GOOD MORNING BLOG BUDDIES

Well, my DW arrived in Providence RI from whence she will drive to the home of her sister in Massachusetts and will start to prepare for the booking signing at the Andover Ma. hometown book store!  WOO  HOO!!!!  The book signing is during the day on Saturday and sending good vibes that she sells out of books!!!!  Wouldn't that be WONDERFUL!!!  I will keep YA posted!!  :>)

Well, as you can see I've become obsessed with 5x7 ocean/dune scenes - all due to a suggestion by a fellow RVer.  I had not realized how much I missed painting ocean scenes and the 5x7 is something new for me as working in such a small format is not something I've done very often.  However that said --- and I just said it ------ I'm glad my fellow RVer suggested it as I'm having a BLAST!!

This one is a tad different in that the others were on heavy linen paper and this one I did on a............

5x7 Gallery wrapped canvas

Later on I will show you that I have painted it out to the 4 sides of the gallery wrapped canvas.  In this way, there is no need to even frame this as painting out to the sides eliminates the need to frame although it could still be frame - thereby covering up the side painting.  So it allows for some options in its presentation.

OK - off we are....... I first threw in the sky with my big TVH brush ( I love that brush ) - again the canvas was quite wet with nice clean water so I could develop what I call a "soft sky" - as I think the REAL sky above us is normally soft looking.  To me this provides realism with out detail.  Big difference between realism and DETAIL.


Once again, the bottom sky line I've painted in BELOW where I plan on putting in the horizon as this aids in blending in the sky and the horizon - My DW and I have a motto -
 "Keep it simple - Make it easy!"

We are going to apply this motto to our RV life as well as -

"Follow the sun - Find the beaches!"

OK----onward and forward Amigos



I threw in some brush strokes that say "HELLO --- OCEAN"

In this painting, I decided to make the ocean somewhat calm as compared to the previous pieces.  WHY you ask????

Hell I don't know it's just what my arm wanted to do.  As I mentioned before, I really do not have a pre - conceived vision or plan before I start a "out of the head" painting such as these.  I merely paint form and color with spontaneity and emotion ( 2 very important ingredients in the creation process, ) and let my arm control the process.  I sometimes feel that THINKING is highly over-rated and I really try not to do it too often!!  :>)


OK - I thought I would show you how I work off my easel Mr. ED - the painting is rested up against a backer board which just sits on the easel lip and as you can see, I tend to get carried away and go off the edges of the painting surface - this is the painting with EMOTION part!!!
I also always paint with the surface in a "straight up" position - I find I can keep my perspective in check this way.  Some people paint with the surface FLAT on a table top but I can't do that - it confuses me and might require me to THINK and that for the most part is a waste of my time.

I have not talked about Mr. ED my easel lately - mainly because he has been very well behaved - although still water can run deep as they say and I did notice a couple of my brushes missing - so Mr. ED and I will be having a talk SOON!! 


As I mentioned up front, this is a gallery wrapped canvas and I always paint these out to all 4 edges.  Thereby giving it a finished look so framing is not necessary or required.  I have to go back in and carry the horizon line across the painted sides (I just noticed that!)

I did not show much of the painting process as this is the 4th one I've done and I'm sure you know the drill by now.

TAAAA - DAAAA

"DUNES No. III"



The photo is somewhat lighter than the actual painting (cheap camera)  My DW Melissa has a real nice NIKON D-40 but I no longer use it as I dropped it, broke it - cost $125 to get it fixed so I have promised to never touch it again!!!!

However that said - and I just said it -- the picture as it is kind of gives a MOOD to the piece - but the piece in real life has more depth of color.  "DEPTH OF COLOR" -- that is ARTIST TALK :>)

Another photo - perhaps a tad better quality (??) 



Well, amigos --- enjoy the day - let some sunshine come in and direct some of that sunny feeling to friends, family, neighbors and YES strangers.

LATER -   JR  :>)