This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, November 14, 2011

HARVEST GOLD

Good Morning Blog Buddies,

Nice bright sunny day today - blue sky and all is well.

As most of you know, I love to paint pears - I love the shape of them as well as the many colors they can take on.

The following painting was done yesterday and is 10 x 8 on canvas panel done with brush and in a style that is not as spontaneous as usual and done with less expression and more impression.  This is what I call a quiet painting - certainly done with emotion but somewhat subdued.

I call this "Harvest Gold"
The first thing I did was to paint the entire canvas with black paint and Prussian blue paint - I did this very quickly and made sure to leave swirl like brush marks for BG texture and interest.  Once dry, I painted on the shape of a pear.



Next I applied the base coat of color that would give me a road map for the creation of this piece


To this base, I started adding some color to bring the BORING look above to a point that it started to SING.
I'm working wet into wet, so I have to be careful and paint with a touch of lightness so I don't create the
DREADED MUD!!!!!  This is done by gently BLENDING the paint into one another on the surface - this takes time but I think the results are so much better that MIXING paint together on a palette and then apply it.


The final step is to paint the stem and to refine (tweak) the over all colors on the pear.  Again this is a slow BLENDING PROCESS that takes time and patience (something I'm not know for!!!  :>)



The blending process gives the painting sort of a fuzzy pastel appearance.

Some closeups for those blog buddies who like to look into the process of paint blending and application.

  Ya gotta love em!!!!





Well, my DW Melissa returns from New England tonight - I pick her up at the Albuquerque Sunport around 7:30.
This makes me happy as I miss her - having perhaps 1/2 a day or 1 day to ones-self is nice, but after 5 days I get pretty bored with myself - which is why I do a lot of paintings when she is travelling.

The book signing in her "Home Town" bookstore was a great success - she sold over 60 books!!

WOO HOO

Enjoy the day my friends.

JR  :>)