This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, November 3, 2011

NICE DAY

Hello Blog Buddies,

Well today has been a very nice day!  A tad chilly this morning at 5:30 - 29 degrees but the sun is out the sly for the most part is blue and it has warmed up to 43 degrees.  Not a bad day at all.  My DW and I went out to lunch today and just got back and a nap will happen soon!

I just want to remind you folks NEVER-NEVER-NEVER by an ACER Aspire One Netbook computer!!!  In very simplistic terns - THEY ARE CRAP!!!!  Half my battery time is spent waiting for this piece of junk to respond to an entered command.  On top of that we have Qwest (Century Link) HI-SPEED Internet.  This is the most unreliable Internet service that exists and since Century Link came onto the scene the Internet service is pure CRAP!!!  We lose it a lot and they blame it on the Electric Company.  Clearly Qwest/ Century Link cannot support their customer base -

ACER & CENTURY LINK = DOUBLE CRAP!!!

OK - this morning I did #3 in the series of WOO HOO paintings.  This one is bigger than #2 and #2 was bigger than #1.  Sooooo I guess you could say that these pieces have been getting progressively BIGGER  :>)

I would love to do one that would be 48 x 30 on 1.5 inch gallery wrapped canvas as I love to work with larger canvas.  However room in the UNIT ON THE HILL will not allow for such a big canvas.  I think when we get out on the road, I will do some 48 x 30 paintings off and on - they of course will not fit in the RV so I'll  after finishing I would donate it some how.

Excuse me - it seems the gentleman in the front row last seat on my right has a question.
OH I see your wife has a question but is too shy to ask it.  We'll get up off your seat lady and SPEAK UP!!!!  OK - now that was not hard was it!!!!  She asked how long it would take me to paint a floral such as this one but on a 48 x 30 canvas.  Good question!!!

After sketching in a vase, lining up various tubes of paint with colors that I thought I might include in the piece, the painting start to finish would take approximately 2 hours at most.

OK I'm just going to show the finished piece as my ACER CRAPUTER IS NOT WORKING VERY WELL --- it is either the craputer or the very, very slow wifi.  I guess it could be a combination of the two.

24 x 18 on heavy linen paper

"WOO HOO TO THE 3RD POWER"