This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, August 31, 2011

CHANGE IS GOOD - CONTINUED & FINISHED

GOOD MORNING BLOG BUDDIES!

Well --- the hot water heater is on the way to being fixed - it was the circulating pump as I suspected so soon that problem will be fixed!   I loved it when things get fixed!!

OK --- back to yesterday and my first CHIAROSCURO painting.  This is 8 x 10 and the title of it is "TWO PEARS - CHIAROSCURO EXPRESSED"

I named it that as it is done in my expressionistic style using my stubby (AKA stiffy)brush as a palette knife.  It is also done in the flavour of the French definition:

"Prominent contrast of light & dark"

(did you notice the spelling of FLAVOUR!!!!  :>)  That's because I'm French!!!

OK--------- enough of ME!!!!  This is where we left off yesterday!




I worked very fast this morning as I'm really tired!!  All this drama and stress over the sale of the house is mentally tiring!!!  With my small brain it exhausts me!!  Additionally I have not been doing my yoga stretches for quite a while now and it has caught up with me ---- I was up every hour last night with very painful cramps in the back of my left leg and in the arch of my left foot!!!!  I'm talking serious pain - the kind that makes your eyes water!

HEY LADY - I WAS NOT CRYING!!!!!

Yaaaaa I know who cares :>(

OK - onward and forward - I quickly start to  work on the 2nd pear - develop some color and form.  I'm going to show some detail now so you can see the effect and the style that my "stubby" (AKA stiffy) brush affords me.  Also as I say I'm tired and it's 11:30 AM here and I really need a NAP and I hope the cramps do not return!!

FINI 










OK we are done here - As I say this is what I call

"CHIAROSCURO EXPRESSED"

This is my interpretation of a particular style converted to my style of expressionistic painting with emotion and spontaneity of color and form - giving life to the subject with passages of movement and excitement.  I really like the light blue on top of the black - a very clear statement of "prominent contrast of light & dark," we French are so friggin smart.  :>) 

LATER MY FRIENDS!!!