This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, August 1, 2011

I've Been Fooling Around!!!!!

Well - it's time that I stood up and professed my admission that I've been fooling around!!!

I HEARD THAT!!!!!  I'm not that kind of person!!  What a terrible thing to say!!! :>(

I've been fooling around with a landscape scene that is up in the Sangre' de Christo mountains near our home. It is just so beautiful up there!

Some of you can perhaps remember me saying ( in jest) that when an artist does a painting that does not come out quite as expected, they call it a STUDY!  Well, this really was done as a study   ---   WAS TOO!!!!! - painted with palette knife in record time - this was a medium coffee painting.  Meaning that I did not finish my medium coffee in the amount of time it took me to do this painting.  It was done with caution thrown to the wind - without regard for the possibility of producing the "DREADED MUD!!!!"  Extra thick blobs and globs of juicy paint scooped up and loaded onto my trusty palette knife and applied (thrown) at the canvas.

10X8 "LITTLE TESUQUE FALLS"

These falls are at the trail head of the Little Tesuque Trail.  A wonderful - scenic hiking trail.

Since this IS A STUDY, my intention is to do a bigger painting using this one as the model.



DETAIL