This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Sunday, August 7, 2011

RED PUEBLO POT & CLAY

Hi Blogger Buddies,

Here it is Sunday and my DW has gone to work!!!  She is a certified Yoga instructor and works at a local Yoga Studio. Even tho I'm retired and she is semi-retired, I don't like it when she works on a weekend day (which she does not do very often), however the weekend is the weekend and I miss her :>( 

That said - as soon as she left  :>) I grabbed my brushes and jumped in to finish the painting I had started.

This is 11 x 14 on canvas panel done in a RENDERING style which ( as we all know)aggravates my arthritis -- I HEARD THAT ---- HOW RUDE --- SOME PEOPLE MAY BE NEW TO THIS SITE AND ARE NOT AWARE OF MY INFLICTION -- YOU NEED TO BE A LITTLE KINDER FELLA!) So I had to wait a couple of days for the hand to rejuvenate!  GEEEZZZZZZ!!

When I left off the other day I was about at the following point in the painting process:


The following sequence is what I did this morning - again RENDERING with a tremendous amount of blending colors directly on the canvas surface with the softness and the agility of a leopard stalking his prey - quiet - silent - forever patient, waiting, pausing - when the moment to strike comes - he will know - never to be heard by his prey------------

BAM
(BLOOD EVERYWHERE)


You get the idea!  :>)


Some more highlights and cast shadow as well as tweaking the shadow side of the red pot.  Once again the red pot is more red tone in real life and the small clay pot is more orange than the photo shows as I sure you remember I only have a point-pray-shoot crap-o-la of a camera.

About all there is left to do is a BG & FG as well as tweaks here - there and everywhere.  One thing an artist needs to keep in mind is to know when to stop tweaking.  When tweaking turns into FIDDLEING - one can get into trouble with creating mud if working wet into wet (which I am) - or worse - the SPONTANEITY is lost AND THAT MY FRIENDS IS A PAINTING SIN THAT CAN BRING MORTAL DAMAGE TO A PAINTING!!!!

Trust me - I'VE BEEN THERE!!!

Soooooo based on that profound statement by one who has FIDDLED  in the past
I'm going to throw in the BG & FG as well as some movement in the FG of the piece as movement IMHO takes away the stillness of a still life and puts LIFE into it!


BAM ------ I"M DONE!!!!