This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Tuesday, August 9, 2011

COMPARING APPLES TO ORANGES

Hello Blog Buddies,

Well today be Tuesday.  I spent most of the morning doing my errands - food shopping - Sam's Club - I also had to go to UPS to ship out the Nikon D-40 digital camera that belongs to my DW - that I somehow managed to drop.  My excuse is "If I did not have to carry everything - I would not have dropped it!!!  Yes, it is time for me to step up to the checking account bar and pay for my mistake!!  If it can't be fixed, I'll continue the saga of the broken Nikon perhaps from Mexico!!!!

While at UPS, I found 4 pennies and the other day I found 3 pennies and then 5 pennies.  So finding 12 pennies must have some meaning - perhaps we'll get an offer on our house on 8/12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhooooooooo once I arrived back home I decided to throw some paint at my easel.
I thought it was time for a palette knife painting so when I had gone food shopping I picked up 3 oranges and 2 apples - why 3 oranges and 2 apples - it's all I could afford!!!!  :>)

First I'll just throw some color on the canvas (using a big brush) in order to get some semblance to how I might want this piece to look - this is what I call a road map. To be very honest, I don't use road maps when driving as I get lost with or without them.  It's a standard joke - I always think we should go left when it's right and right when it's left!!!  When we get the RV, a GPS will be bought!!!

HEY FELLA I can digress when ever I want!!!
  




I decided to use blue for the vase - and why is that?  CORRECT -- complimentary colors - HOLY CRAP you folks are REALLY PAYING ATTENTION!!!

Time to throw in some shadow color as well as "punch up" some of the other colors.  Remember, I'm now using a palette knife so this will go quickly!!
I only use the big brush to develop the road map.



I'm going to push this right along as I need a nap.  EXCUSE ME FELLA!!!!
Yes, you sitting on the flowerly chair with your leg over the arm and sucking on a beer!  NO - I"M NOT A BABY WHO NEEDS A NAP!!!
I've been up since 5 am - and I did errands all  morning so yes I need a nap - a good thing too because without a nap I would not be my calm soft spoken sweet self!!!!!

OK - some detail and then nap time and I hope to finish this tomorrow,  Tomorrow is Wednesday - MY DAY OFF!!!  Soooooooooo after I finish the laundry and touch up the "neatness and cleanliness" of our house (we are having a showing tomorrow 10-11)
I shall finish up this puppy.  If the house sells - you may never hear from me again :>)

DETAIL