This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, August 10, 2011

COMPARING APPLES TO ORANGES PART II

Yo Blog Buddies,

Well today is Wednesday and normally I do the laundry on Wednesday but this morning we had a showing of the house - so I'll do laundry tomorrow.  No report back on the showing so most likely that means the people were not interested.  Still a lot of bottom feeders out there - not as many - only because of the damage our (ALL) politicians have made out of the economy and our lives.  They really just don't give a CRAP who or how this affects.  Oh well - my favorite saying now TWT (Time Will Tell)

OK - We'll start where we left off yesterday - now - just a reminder, this is a palette knife painting so it will develop quickly as each swoosh of the knife lays down a lot of paint into a large area - so hang on to your seat!


This is where we left off yesterday - so today I'm going to lay in more color of varying shades as well as some indication of the shadow side of the objects



Now I'm going to darken up the vase and put some life (movement) into it as it is boring me to tears (boo-hoo-hoo)
I will also bring out the direction of the light shining on the fruit.
Would you like to know how I do that????

Well I'm not telling!!!!



There we are!  Good job JR!!!!

The next series of photos will be adding depth to the objects, intensifying the color and the cast shadows that are cast by the fruit onto its neighbor.

DEEPER COLOR - MORE TEXTURE AND DEEPENING OF THE CAST SHADOWS



MORE-MORE-MORE THICK JUICY PAINT
(ya gotta love it!!!!!)



OK - we are just abut done - what do we have left?
 
YES-YES-YES-YES

We are reaching the climax of this painting - whereby we slap in the BG - punch in the FG and trickle in some of that FG movement which gives the still life motion and interest and spunk - and - vibrancy - turning it into a  - a  -a  um--um--a -a -a-um -um

A MOVING LIFE!!!

NOW THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!


DETAIL FOR YOUR VISUAL PLEASURE!!





NOW I REST!  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz